There are a lot of different ways to approach recruiting with Facebook. It seems like an obvious way to get candidates, since everyone is on Facebook and it’s getting larger every second. But recruiting with Facebook seems to be hard, because unlike Linkedin, which appears to be built for professional sourcing and connection, Facebook is meant for personal connection.
BranchOut might offer an additional layer of functionality to Facebook and make recruiting with Facebook more straight forward. Direct from the Branchout.com site they say: “Every time a Facebook friend joins BranchOut, you see where they used to work, where they work now, and where their friends work. You’d be surprised how many connections you have at companies you’ve always wanted to work at — all through friends of friends. If you’re looking for your dream job, these connections can open the door.”
I say: Forget looking for a job and start looking for candidates. Though the app was not built for that, It’s actually very simple to do. Now my mic was not picking up my audio, so I went MacGyver on you and got a bit creative.
- See who your connections are
- See who their connections are
- See who their connections connections are
- See where they work and where they used to work
- Get a bit creative, connect and recruit
* Disclaimer: I get a lot of calls about recruiting with Facebook – how to do it and how to do it in an automated method. I’ve been using Branchout for a little while to recruit on Facebook and like it. This is not a sponsored posting.